Inspections From the Golden Triangle
Introducing the Beaumont Lab
The MISTRAS Beaumont laboratory offers its customers a comprehensive suite of of Traditional (NDT) and Advanced Nondestructive Testing (ANDT), Metallurgical Inspections, and Mechanical Testing (MI) solutions. Throughout the useful life of your assets, the Beaumont lab will work to ensure your equipment consistently achieves quality, efficent, and safe results.
Operating as a premier inspection hub for the oil and gas and energy industries, the Beaumont laboratory, located at 21 Sawyer Street in Beaumont, Texas, is a state-of-the-art, full-service laboratory, providing customers with a wide range of Traditional NDT and Advanced NDT capabilities. Unlike most inspection labs, the MISTRAS Beaumont office also specializes in Mechanical Testing, Weldment Testing, and Metallurgical Engineering, using a collection of resources and expert personnel.
Mechanical + Metallurgical Lab Capabilities
The acquisition of this office brings over 30 years of experience to the Beaumont, Texas, (Golden Triangle) area. Our Mechanical Lab offers:
- Tension testing, bend & nick break tests
- Charpy Impact Testing
- Chemical Analysis
- Positive Material Identification (PMI)
- Post Weld heat treat of specimens
- Macro Etching
- Brinell, Rockwell, & Vickers Hardness Testing.
Our Metallurgy department routinely performs failure analysis tests and offers consulting services, grain sizing determinations, ferrite by point count, deposit weight density, corrosion testing per ASTM G48 and A923, macro and microstructural evaluations.
The MISTRAS Beaumont lab includes a purpose-built facility, housing a welder testing lab and 32 booths fitted with Miller inverter welding machines for the SMAW & GTAW processes. We also have six additional booths reserved for wire welding processes, including GMAW & FCAW.
Our weld shop also has a dedicated area which specializes in welding procedure development. Our in-house machine shop assures prompt and timely turnarounds and proper traceability throughout the inspection of your equipment test samples.
We invite you to contact us to see how the MISTRAS Beaumont lab can help you with your testing needs. We would like to become your “one-stop” source for NDT and metals testing.
Automated Film Processing
Speed up processing times and increase the quality of radiographic film.
- Tensile Testing to 120,000 lbs with Stress/Strain Diagram
- Guided Bend Testing by Hydraulic Press & Wrap-around Fixtures
- Charpy Impact Testing to -320°F
- Hardness Testing
- Rockwell - HRA, HRB, HRC, 15T, 15N
- Brinell – King, Tellebrineller, EquoTip, Pin
- Vickers Microhardness - 10g, 25g, 50g, 100g, 200g, 300g, 500g loads
- Vickers Macrohardness – 1Kg, 2Kg, 3Kg, 5Kg, 10Kg, 30Kg loads
- Stress Relieving to 1600°F
- Delta Ferrite by Fischer Feritscope
- In-House Machine Shop
- Chemical Analysis by OES Lab Spectrometer
- PMI by portable XRF & OES
- Written Welding Procedures
- Procedure Qualification
- In-House Welder Testing and Certification
- SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, FCAW Processes
- Pressure Containing, Structural, Pipeline, Shipfitting Tests
- Tube to Tubesheet Minimum Leakage Path Determinations
- ASTM E112 Grain Size Determinations
- Delta Ferrite Determinations by Point
- Count per ASTM E-562
- Microstructural Evaluation
- Deposit Weight Density Determinations
- Boiler Tube/ Heat Exchanger Tube Evaluation
- Failure Analysis
- Extensive metallurgical experience in:
- Pulp / Paper
- Petrochemical Process Metallurgy in Upstream / Downstream issues
- Fully Integrated Metallurgical Lab with “state of the art” Optics, Digital Photography & Image analysis software.
Email the MISTRAS Beaumont, TX branch
Your message has been sent.(Click anywhere to close this message.)